Clubfit Baywave at Alert Level 2
We are very pleased to inform you that Clubfit Baywave is due to re-open to our members on Thursday, September 9. There are no changes to our normal operating hours.
We appreciate your patience as we all adhere to the Alert Level 2 guidelines. If you have any suggestions for how we can do this better or if there are areas to improve, please email Bay Venues management on [email protected].
All memberships will be reactivated, and normal billing will resume from Thursday, September 9. If for any reason you do not wish to return within the next fortnight, please contact us to discuss suspension options/dates. Please note: we cannot apply a membership suspension for you without a requested start and end date.
As we all adjust to Level 2 there are a few things to note about our Delta Level 2 Clubfit experience. We have been required to make a number of changes to the way we deliver our service to you. With this in mind we ask for your patience and understanding as we all adjust and work through these changes.
We encourage everyone to wear a face covering when visiting our venues.
You are not required to wear a face covering within an aquatic environment or while exercising, but we encourage you to wear one as you enter and exit these facilities.
We are required to collect contact tracing details for everyone 12 years of age and over (unless unaccompanied by an adult) entering our venue.
There are three options for contact tracing:
- Use the Government COVID Tracer App to scan the venues unique barcode
- Swipe your membership card
- Manually record your details with reception
Operational and Service Changes
- The Clubfit Gym space will be treated as a separate venue from our Baywave Aquatics, and we are required to manage member access numbers to ensure physical distancing of 2 meters. This will potentially limit customer access at peak times, a reduction of some floor equipment and a cap on group fitness class attendance.
- All customers will enter and exit Clubfit and Baywave via separate points. You will enter Clubfit via our main reception but will exit via the Girven Road side fire stairs as directed.
- Customers that wish to enter both Clubfit and Baywave will need to leave the venue and re-enter via the appropriate venue area entry.
- Sauna and steam services are not able to operate under Level 2.
- Clubfit cannot supply spa bands under Level 2.
- Customers will need to enter the gym via single file maintaining physical distancing of 2 meters and complete the contact tracing process. This process may mean you have a small wait time when entering the gym, especially at peak times.
- We have significantly reduced the availability of fitness consultations. Fitness staff will be primarily responsible for overseeing gym floor health and safety and additional cleaning.
- The main group fitness studio will have a maximum of 24 participants to a class at any one time. Members can pick up a class token at reception and must provide this to the staff member at studio door before entering. Click here for our Alert Level 2 Group Fitness Timetable.
- Spin/RPM and Mobilise programmes will not operate under Level 2.
- Members cannot complete back-to-back group fitness classes, one class per visit only.
- Back-to-back classes on our timetable have been reduced to a 45-minute format to allow 15 minutes for cleaning of equipment between classes.
- We have significantly increased our cleaning levels and provide cleaning materials and hygiene stations inside the venue.
- Water fountains including bottle fillers will not be operational during Level 2. Customers should bring their own supply of drinking water or purchase at reception.
- Towels for Platinum Members will be supplied for gym use only. These towels cannot be removed from the gym and taken into the aquatic area. If you plan to swim during your visit to Baywave you will need to bring your own towel.
- Platinum customers attending the Mount Hot Pools will not be supplied a towel under Level 2
- Sneeze guards have been installed at all reception areas where customers and staff come into close contact for a prolonged period. We also encourage customers to use PayWave of EFTPOS instead of cash.
- We will not be able to hold any personal belongings for you at reception.