Les Mills BODYBALANCE®
BODYBALANCE® is the Yoga, Tai Chi and Pilates inspired workout that builds flexibility and strength and leaves you feeling centered and calm.
Controlled breathing, concentration and a carefully structured series of stretches, moves and poses to music create a holistic workout that brings the body into a state of harmony and balance. Like all the LES MILLS™ programs, a new BODYBALANCE™ class is released every three months with new music and choreography.
Minutes for a class
Calories Burned on average
What are the benefits?
- Improve your joint flexibility and range of movement
- Increase your core strength
- Improve your cardio-vascular function
- Burn calories
- Reduce your stress levels
- Provide a lasting sense of well-being and calm
- Focus your mind and raise your level of consciousness
Do I need to bring anything?
- Comfortable workout clothes
- Don’t worry about shoes, as you will do the class barefoot
- A yoga mat isn’t essential, but bring one if you like
What is a typical class?
Each class is made up of 45 minutes of simple but challenging exercises, followed by 10 minutes of relaxation and meditation.
- You will begin with easy, flowing Tai Chi moves to leave your day behind, center yourself and warm your body.
- The instructor will then take you through various yoga and pilates sequences to strengthen and tone your key muscle groups. Poses and stretches are used to create suppleness and flexibility.
- The final 10 minutes are set aside for the widely acknowledged mental and physiological benefits of meditation which also enhances the effects of the exercise.
How often should I take a class?
There is no doubt that you will experience great benefits from coming to BODYBALANCE® just once a week, but some people try to attend up to three times a week. It’s really up to you!