Les Mills BODYCOMBAT®
Strike, punch and kick your way to superior fitness.
Prepare to totally unleash yourself in Les Mills BODYCOMBAT® group fitness class, the empowering cardio workout. This fiercely energetic program is inspired by martial arts and draws from a wide array of disciplines such as karate, boxing, taekwondo, tai chi and muay thai. Supported by driving music and powerful instructors, you’ll strike, punch, kick and kata your way through calories to superior cardio fitness.
Minutes for a class
Calories Burned on average
What are the benefits?
- Improves heart and lung function and reduces the risk of heart disease
- Tones and shapes key muscle groups
- Burns calories for a leaner body
- Improves co-ordination and agility
- Improves bone density
- Improves posture and core strength and stability
- Builds self-confidence
Do I need to bring anything?
- Comfortable workout clothes
- Gym shoes. We recommend cross-trainers over running shoes, because they’ll give you better foot support for the types of movement you’ll be doing in class.
- Drink bottle.
- Towel. BODYCOMBAT™ makes for sweaty warriors!
What is a typical class?
Your BODYCOMBAT™ instructor will lead you through a series of moves from a range of martial arts, to a series of different music tracks.
- You’ll begin by learning all the moves that will be used throughout the class, and warming up your body and mind for the battle ahead.
- Visualise your opponent and unleash into a series of fight combinations. The focus is on speed, power and endurance. There will be time to recover as you prepare for each phase, with a final fight for your life that will seal the deal on your fitness objectives.
- Finally, you will take to the floor and cap off the workout with some strength training. Then it’s payback time – stretch out those hard-worked muscles after your fight.
How often should I take a class?
BODYCOMBAT® is addictive, but don’t overdo it. For best results we recommend you try and battle it out two or three times a week.
What if I can't keep up?
BODYCOMBAT® is for everyone with moderate fitness levels. And because the moves are simple, you don’t need to be especially well coordinated. Just give it a go, you’ll find it addictive!