Les Mills BODYPUMP®
Les Mills BODYPUMP® is the original barbell class that shapes, tones and strengthens your entire body.
Often referred to as ‘Pump’ by those who love it, it’s one of the world’s fastest ways to get in shape. This 60-minute addictive workout challenges all of your major muscle groups by using the best weight-room exercises such as squats, presses, lifts and curls.
The key to Les Mills BODYPUMP® success is THE REP EFFECT™, a breakthrough in fitness training focusing on high repetition movements with low weight loads. This will help you achieve strength and introduce lean body muscle conditioning.
With the latest chart topping music, highly trained instructors and your choice of weight, get the results you are looking for – and fast! Like all the Les Mills programmes, a new BODYPUMP® class is released every three months with new music tracks and choreography.
Minutes for a class
Calories Burned on average
What are the benefits?
- Burn up to 600 calories per class for fat loss
- Improve your strength
- Perform 70-100 repetitions per body part totaling up to 800 repetitions in a single workout
- Improve your general fitness
- Shape and tone your muscles
- Protect your bones and joints from injury
- Get into shape fast
Do I need to bring anything?
- Wear comfortable workout clothing which allows ease of movement for exercises such as squats, over head pressing and lunging.
- We recommend cross-trainer gym shoes over running shoes, because they’ll give you better foot support for the types of movement which you’ll be doing in BODYPUMP®
- Drink bottle.
- Sweat Towel – You’ll need it!
What is a typical class?
BODYPUMP® is designed to transform your body by developing strength and endurance in major muscle groups and, in doing so, burn calories and tone your body. This is where THE REP EFFECT™ comes in – commanding 70-100 repetitions per body part, equaling about 800 movements in an average workout so that you can become lean, strong and unstoppable! We use specific music tracks to motivate you and push through the class with maximum effect. The usual duration of each class is 60 minutes.
- BODYPUMP® begins with a warm-up to get your body moving and slowly starting to work out your muscles, using light weights only.
- Your instructor will then guide you through the main part of the workout, focusing on each of the major muscle groups, sculpting your legs, chest, back, shoulders, and abdominals. We’ve got all the important muscles covered, and we guarantee you’ll be feeling the burn by the time you’re on to the cool down.
- Finally, down tempo music will accompany you while you cool down. Stretch your muscles to finish the workout and help reduce muscle soreness and assist your recovery.
How often should I take a class?
What if I can't keep up?
Because you determine the level of weights you are using, Les Mills BODYPUMP® is suitable for all fitness levels. Men and women, old hands and newcomers can do the class together as everyone can work at their own level. Eventually as you get stronger you’ll begin to increase your weight to ensure that your muscles are continually challenged.
Doing BODYPUMP® Safely
Good posture is important for all exercise, so focus on getting your technique right from the beginning. Look after your joints by always keeping knees slightly bent – not locked – and perform the movements smoothly. Get a taste of BODYPUMP® and Learn the Moves for more advice.
Don’t overdo it with the weights, remember that BODYPUMP® uses THE REP EFFECT™ which teaches high reps with low weights to tone and strengthen. Start gradually, and then increase your weights after six weeks.